EliteSpins
Welcome to our new forum, EliteSpins! Feel free to browse the site and enter our livechat chatbox! Start posting as well, let us know you've arrived..
EliteSpins
Welcome to our new forum, EliteSpins! Feel free to browse the site and enter our livechat chatbox! Start posting as well, let us know you've arrived..
EliteSpins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your go-to site for all information on 360 waves and more!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to EliteSpins:Check the site out for info and events!!! Read and most of all POST!

1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction

Go down 
+9
SiD
KB2323
meezyy jayy
Spinz
Jarron
∞♥♠♦♣†¢ℜ∂ζℑℑ(GOD)♣♦♠♥∞®
SLIM
Kado
RachThaGreat
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
meezyy jayy

meezyy jayy

1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:48 pm

1stLady_OfWaveNation wrote:
Example.. A guy wants to be a body builder so he wants good results now if he worked out eveyday no rest do you think that will help out his goal of being a body builder? No. Because you have to give your body a rest for which muscles grow as you maintain. Now a waver who shower brush on a daily basis what that waver is doing is washing away their natural oils at every chance. Your hair is at its weakest ever wash so you ever hear the saying black people cant wash they hair everyday like white people have to is because we have the type of hair that its easy to dry out and damage due to its kinky textures. Thats why boar brushes are the key brushes to african american hair because it helps distribute our natural oils every brush session. So if you shower brush everyday like the body builder you are not giving your hair a chance to rest and produce its natural oils which leads to dry brittle hair. Plus if u using a product how can u say it work if you shower brush it out? I mean this just my opinion and experince

In any branch of the armed services, you are required to work out daily and many of the guys that come out of boot camp put on quite a few pounds of muscle... The "resting" after working out thing is just a general rule of thumb.

Water alone is not going to wash away anything, water is the ultimate moisturizer, that's why most moisturizers have oils in them that act as sealers. Many moisturizers also say apply when hair is wet. The idea is to seal that water in so your hair will stay moisturized. The only way to wash out natural oils is to have a cleaning agent with an emulsifier (fancy term for a agent that breaks up/ eats fat) to eat all the fats present in the oils. If the oil has no fats (lipids) then there is very little oil left. Water (dihydrogen monoxide) does not have such emulsifiers and therefore will not wash out natural oils. All I do is the h2o method and my hair doesn't dry out. But to each his/ her own.

You are correct when you say that hair when wet is at its weakest point, but as far is that being of concern, it can be debated. I think that rule is generally applied to people of straighter hair textures who have longer hair. Our hair is so short, that I think it really doesn't matter if our hair is wet or not. I don't think our hair is long enough for a brush to cause breakage.

Nice debate though
Back to top Go down
RachThaGreat

RachThaGreat

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah but like i said i have experinced it n my hair was dry n crunchy so thats why no h20 for me.
Back to top Go down
meezyy jayy

meezyy jayy

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:14 pm

crunchy like some french fries lol
Back to top Go down
RachThaGreat

RachThaGreat

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:36 pm

lmao like dem corn chips! But thats good info u posted tho this page can be more than what wavers expect. Wink
Back to top Go down
meezyy jayy

meezyy jayy

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:00 pm

lol most wavers don't want to get into the nitty gritty details, but thats the only way to understand waving fully.
Back to top Go down
Kado

Kado

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 5:26 pm

I see your also a bit of an artist too...I appreciate that being im into art myself, you got super talent mod
Back to top Go down
RachThaGreat

RachThaGreat

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 6:23 pm

true
Back to top Go down
Hollidaystylez

Hollidaystylez

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Welcome homey. Well Homette... LMAO Nice waves too. It's always dope to have a female on the site, it's usually a damn sausage fest Neutral
Back to top Go down
RachThaGreat

RachThaGreat

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:46 pm

lol thanks and thanks Kado im a beast wit pencil paper and paint
Back to top Go down
Jerz

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:58 am

Damn!
Back to top Go down
RachThaGreat

RachThaGreat

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:44 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
General_Typhoon

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:26 am

Question waving sensi ? kb
What is your method to waving your trouble spots . . .? Mainly right side lol
Back to top Go down
RachThaGreat

RachThaGreat

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 am

Combing and double up my brushing session on that side. Also a good pomade to control my curls as i work on that side. Check your crown as well to see wat angle your hair grows so you will kno which angle to constantly brush
Back to top Go down
KB2323

KB2323

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Hollidaystylez wrote:
Welcome homey. Well Homette... LMAO Nice waves too. It's always dope to have a female on the site, it's usually a damn sausage fest Neutral
Back to top Go down
RachThaGreat

RachThaGreat

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:58 am

thank u bro
Back to top Go down
SBSS

SBSS

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:05 am

Goodshit Rach ...this Will T sheldon btw Cool
Back to top Go down
meezyy jayy

meezyy jayy

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:00 pm

SBS, long time no see, whats up bro?

Sorry to jack your thread rach!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction   1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

1st Lady of Wave Nation Introduction
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2