EliteSpins
Welcome to our new forum, EliteSpins! Feel free to browse the site and enter our livechat chatbox! Start posting as well, let us know you've arrived..
EliteSpins
Welcome to our new forum, EliteSpins! Feel free to browse the site and enter our livechat chatbox! Start posting as well, let us know you've arrived..
EliteSpins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your go-to site for all information on 360 waves and more!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to EliteSpins:Check the site out for info and events!!! Read and most of all POST!

Gold Standard Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Sho'Nuff

Mr.Sho'Nuff

Gold Standard Review Empty
PostSubject: Gold Standard Review   Gold Standard Review EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:03 am

Finally, I've had time to sit down and gather my thoughts to put this review together, so let's get to it:

1. My comb and brush arsenal did not change during this period, just my products.
2. I transitioned a little while back to all natural, and shared through social networking that I used to use Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade when I first started my journey and it was GARBAGE!!! Let's be real here, I was a noob, so I didn't know how to properly use products
3. After I gained a better knowledge base and did some politicking with wavers all across the spectrum, I figured I'd give Motions a fair shake and try it again.
4. The trial was 4 weeks(IMO, that's enough time to get a good feel for a product without your hair getting used to it, and plateauing on that product)
5. A. I washed all the Coldlvbel out of my hair
B. H2O method for two days to be truly product free
C. I apply a fingertip size to my entire head, brush with my Hard CQP and comb to distribute it evenly
D. I get a fierce brushing session in with my Medium CQP
E. 3 squirts of 7J&B in my hand, rub it together vigorously until it heats up from the friction , then rub in WTG
F. Comb, brush(Hard), brush(Med), then finish with my softy and rag up

Going from all natural back to an artificial pomade made me a little weary, but it turned out pretty good. The shine wasn't the best, but you can definitely tell the difference between Coldlvbel only and "The Gold Standard." The feel of it wasn't magnificent, but my hair still had a resilient health to it with a better shine. I would recommend "The Gold Standard" to every waver that's not afraid of trial and error. The only reason I don't keep going with it myself, is because I was finishing my can of Motions from my noob days, so it was just enough for T&E. I'm back to all natural, but don't sleep on "The Gold Standard."

- Mr. Sho' Nuff
Back to top Go down
SLIM
Admin
SLIM

PostSubject: Re: Gold Standard Review   Gold Standard Review EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:36 pm

hmmmm, good read. Ill have to read it again because im not grasping anything
Back to top Go down
Drew

Drew

PostSubject: Re: Gold Standard Review   Gold Standard Review EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:42 pm

clap
Back to top Go down
Mr.Sho'Nuff

Mr.Sho'Nuff

PostSubject: Re: Gold Standard Review   Gold Standard Review EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 5:04 pm

SLIM wrote:
hmmmm, good read. Ill have to read it again because im not grasping anything

What are you not grasping? I'll break it down better for you
Back to top Go down
SLIM
Admin
SLIM

PostSubject: Re: Gold Standard Review   Gold Standard Review EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:40 pm

I got it...i just needed to read it again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gold Standard Review   Gold Standard Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Gold Standard Review
Page 1 of 1