Been stupid busy working so I haven't been able to be on here as much as the fb page since it is connected right to my phone of course. But since the news is spreading, I want to give y'all my full scoop on how LISTERINE, yes, LISTERINE can help treat your scalp. Before I go into my method, which will help a lot of wavers out there, there is a few things that must be recognized...
1) You must know the difference between your hair being dirty and your scalp being dirty. Your hair being dirty is easily to clean with shampoo BUT people fail to realize what about your scalp as well?? Yes, shampoos swear up and down that they will clean your scalp too, but do they really? Nooo...
2) If you can feel you are rubbing your scalp and you just washed your hair, yet you still see flakes pop out, most likely you have scalp issues.
3) If you are rubbing your hands through your hair and can feel "scabs" I like to call them, which is bacteria that is laying dormant on your scalp. Kind of nasty to think about, but after this, you won't have to deal with that no more!
4) Moisturizers moisturize your hair! Yes, we want them to get down to your scalp, but it actually creates a layer that could lead to your scalp not breathing. You should moisturize your hair, but it should be moderation whatever works for you and a dime size I like to use for an example for your whole head. It actually masks the bacteria and portrays like you don't have much, but you do still...
5) You ever wonder why when you wash your hair and you use a good size of shampoo yet your hair doesn't really lather up even after you have drenched your hair? Your scalp is dirty! NEXT....
Here is a pre-method I came up with to determine if your scalp is dirty. I treat it just like if I washed my face. You can do this anytime of the day. It doesn't matter if you just washed your hair or you haven't for a minute.
1) Pretend your hand is a fan. You are waving it at your face. You should be able feel the air hit your face without waving your hand fast. IF you can't feel this, that means your pores are clogged on your face, your face is dirty and that's a completely different issue you have to deal with.
2) Now, do the same thing all around your hair. You should feel the same air. If you can feel it that means your scalp is clean and your pores are breathing. IF you can't feel this, it's time to give my method a try.
OK, so I have two methods on how I use Listerine. I have a Light Listerine Method and a Hardcore Listerine Method. Light obviously is a small case of your scalp not being clean. Hardcore means you have serious issues. It's not a bad thing. I even started with Hardcore. After working Hardcore you want to go to the light method once you have it under control.
Supplies you need:
1) Spray Bottle
3) Shower Brush
4) Listerine - only use one of the original versions to get the full effect. I use the green color.
6) Conditioner - my hair is really manageable after I shampoo, so I don't use conditioner but you can condition after shampoo.
Hardcore Listerine Method:
1) Pour as much Listerine in the spray bottle. I just pour until it is full to keep it simple and use that in the future.
2) Comb your hair out. I usually only do wtg, but it is your preference what you like to do. When I was doing hardcore, I did comb wtg, atg, then wtg to make my curls looser.
3) Wet your hair. I usually do this in the shower. Warm water for everything.
4) Shake up your spray bottle full of listerine and mist it around your head. Just make sure not to get your eyes, because it will BURN.
5) Massage your hair really good. You should start feeling scalp tingle right now as the listerine is taking care of the bacteria.
6) Hop out the shower and let it sit in your hair for 15 mins. You should be rocking curls right now.
7) Around the 13 minutes mark. I like to comb my hair wtg then do a quick brush session with shower brush just get the last touches.
Hop back in the shower and rinse.
9) Go to your normal shampoo and condition method.
You should do the Hardcore method for a week straight. Yes washing your hair everyday. Trust me, your waves won't go anywhere if you are brushing how you should...Then transfer to the light method, which I make it apart of my wash routine every time.
Light Listerine Method:
1) Do steps 1-4 the same as Hardcore Method.
2) Still in the shower, comb your hair working the listerine through, then brush. If you want to massage your hair that is still fine as well.
4) Go to your normal shampoo and condition method.
I guarantee your hair will feel 10x better. Listerine is inexpensive, so a lot of wavers can use this. Even if you aren't waving it is still a great way to clean your scalp. I call it the pre-wash to get your hair ready to shampoo. After I did this for a week, every time I shampooed my hair instantly lathered up off the first try easy and I only used a dime size of shampoo (you should be using a dime size no matter when you are shampooing). Let me know what y'all think. Stay Wavy!